HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO FRIES
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Wash 2 large sweet potatoes under cold running water, scrubbing well with a scrubber to get rid of any dirt (there’s no need to peel them)
- Cut each sweet potato in half lengthways, cut each half in half lengthways, then each piece in half again so you end up with 8 wedges
- Add to a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle over a tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and ½ a teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then toss everything together to coat
- Spread out into a single layer in a large baking tray, then bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through
- Leave to sit for a couple of minutes (this will make it easier to remove them from the tray), then use a fish slice to transfer them to a serving dish
- These are perfect served with anything from grilled chicken to homemade burgers, or served in a big bowl for a party snack.