Friday, September 27, 2019

Fried chicken breast




  • In a large shallow dish, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, 2 tablespoons garlic salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and 1-1/2 cups water; add 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1-1/3 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the flour mixture, a few pieces at a time. Turn to coat.
  • In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Working in batches, fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until golden brown and a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°, about 7-8 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.

  • I have used a recipe very similar to this and it came out great. A couple words of advice to other cooks: if your chicken is under cooked, simply put it back in the fryer for a couple minutes. Make sure your instant read thermometer is not touching a bone or your reading will not be accurate. As for seasoning, any cook must be able to adjust seasonings to their own tastes. If you like it spicy, add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. Do not drain the chicken on paper towels. Drain the chicken pieces on a rack with paper towel underneath, otherwise your crust will turn to mush sitting on the paper towel. And as another user remarked, your oil or shortening must come back up to temperature before you add another batch of raw chicken. That is on the cook, not the recipe.
    Married a southern woman cause I wanted tried chicken and pie. None of those things worked out. This is good though. Takes a long timw, add 2 min to cooking time unless maybe you have a bigger fryer than I do. Added chili, mustard powder to the dry mis. Warchestershire to the liquid. Recommend.
    I've noticed a lot of negative reviews concerning this recipe. First, don't give up on it. Tweak it the way you like it. more garlic, well, throw more in. As for fried chicken being under cooked
    please remember to NOT over load the chicken in the HOT oil. Overloading tends to cool the fat down too much and never use cold chicken fresh from the fridge. Let it cool down a bit, also, steaming can help. Also, MAINTAIN a steady temperature which is imperative. Use a thermometer and don't touch bone. I use my electric wok. KFC ALWAYS steamed their chicken AND they also added tomato powder to their seasoned dusting flour
    or so I was told. To me, buttermilk is great for fried chicken. Spend the extra money for pasture raised chicken. much more tasty. I NEVER use garlic salt or onion salt. I do add garlic and onion powders and salt separately among other seasonings. If you want more concentrated seasoning flavor and you're not sure how much is just right add it to your flour and dip a finger in the flour after it has been mixed together for a taste
    it won't hurt you. This is an excellent recipe. Please don't give up on it because yours didn't come out like KFC's or lacked flavor. There are many factors as to why this may be the case. your chicken being one of them or cheap oil another. Personally, I prefer lard. Oh, if the chicken still is somewhat under cooked just throw it in the 350 degree oven for 10 or 20 minutes. It will remain nice and crispy. Good recipe in my opinion.
    I added a tablespoon of sesame oil to the coat and it came out superb. It also learn me an A* in catering so that proves it's awesomeness.
    The breading was fantastic but even with the temp probe showing the right temp, the chicken still was not cooked through. Any suggestions?
    Tried this and it was nowhere near the KFC recipe. The texture was horrible. The flavor came nowhere close to KFC. What a waste of ingredients I used. Never use this recipe again.
    After 35 years, I've finally found the perfect fried chicken using boneless, skinless chicken breasts! I was concerned about the quantity of added spices, but then I saw the recipe was for 8 lbs. of chicken. I cut it by 3/4ths for 2 lbs. of chicken, and my spice adverse husband was thrilled with the result. I did let the coated breasts "rest" for 15 minutes, and then placed the cooked chicken back on the cookie rack until dinner was served. Even the skinless breast pieces were crispy and crunchy. We both walked away from dinner thrilled with the results. Phew! Finally.
    This recipe worked great! Only thing I did was add more seasonings, I added 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder, and 1 tablespoon Weber roasted garlic and herb. This came out awesome! I highly recommend letting the chicken after breading sit for 3 minutes for frying, we did that and no breading came off at all. We copied this into a notebook and we will definitely us again.
    Surprised to see some of these negative reviews. I have tried many recipies to make fried chicken and it would come out mediocre at best, this is by far the best recipe for fc I have evr used. The chicken came out perfect with a flavorful crispy skin. Thank you for this.
    My son and I made this recipe for supper last night and we were so happy with the results! I'm in my early 50s and this chicken tastes how KFC chicken used to taste. It is not as salty as some of the recipes that we have tried and we really liked the subtle flavors of the herbs (in the poultry seasoning). We drained the pieces on paper towels and had no issues with any sogginess. Definitely a winner!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Yogurt smoothie

    Ingredients 1/2 cup 2% milk 1/3 cup strawberry yogurt 1/3 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries 1/2 medium firm banana, chopped ...